Friday, July 17, 2009

Minnesota is delicious


Minnesota is delicious. And not just because we're next to Wisconsin (which we all know is made of cheese). I've been here a week visiting the fam and it's almost time to head back to PA. As always, there's never enough time with family and friends, and there's never enough time to drink all the new-to-me beers. Alas. I do my best.

Here's a quick write-up of a kick-ass, one-off beer I had this week at Town Hall Brewery. This brewpub is easily one of the best in the world and does amazing things with hops.


Golden Leaf Pale Ale
Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery
American Pale Ale

A / 4.3
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | drink: 4.5

On-tap at Town Hall. $3.75 for a late night happy hour pint. Damn these guys know their hops. This Columbus dry-hopped pale ale kicks ass. It's got big biting hops, nice and rough, while the body is still very drinkable. The flavor is a mix of earthy and grapefruit hops and they pair perfectly. It's part garden, part citrus punch. There's also a slightly fruity, trademark Town Hall note that I only taste in their beers. House flavor I suppose. I could ask for a little more flavor from this beer, but it's still one of the best pale ales I've had in a long time.

No comments: