Wednesday, June 6, 2007

It's Wednesday


It's Wednesday and that means I start my internship at Men's Health in a week. On one hand I'm really excited for the job. On the other hand, work is going to be a lot harder than staying up to watch CSI, followed by Star Trek Voyager, followed by more CSI (best 3 hours of late night TV?).

I've also started a new batch of articles for Draft Magazine, though only about four small ones this time. That's A-ok with me as I'm about to start 40-50 years of work and don't want to get swamped right away.

In random news Ben, the new opinions Ed. for Jerk Magazine, got an email from CollegeHumor.com asking if they could use my "I despise musical theater" article I wrote last semester. I don't think it quite matched up to my "I love death metal" article, but whatever, they can use it. If I ever see it posted I'll put up a link.

Moretti Birra La Rossa - Maybe the best Italian beer that's somewhat readily available. It's just a dark German doppelbock with nice caramel and fruit tones.

Sprecher Black Bavarian - Not your average German Schwarzbier, the flavors were deliciously rich with cocoa and light roasted coffee. One of the best dessert beers I've had in a while.

Full Sail Ltd 02 - A small batch amber lager. Mostly a nice caramel malt flavor that made is a good companion for summer grilling.

Herkimer Gose - Minneapolis's German brewpub, Herkimer, made this very rare style of wheat ale. It's tart like lemon juice, but also a little sweet and spicy. Yum.

Dad's Little Helper
- One of two craft-brewed malt liquors. Worth trying for the novelty, but just tastes like a strong pale Euro lager. Nothing special in the flavor dept.

Granite City Northern Light - Light, but not bland. There's a mellow, lightly-toasty barley flavor.

Capital Brewery Special Pilsner - A good version of a true Euro pilsner, but it's a touch on the sweet side. Still a great, lighter beer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sharon Clott said...

Yo Matt. Where you be?