Thursday, June 21, 2007

Yes, that's right, Matt Allyn is in Allentown. You're so funny.

The hiatus is over now that I'm basically settled in Allentown, PA. Last Wednesday I started my internship at Men's Health after three days of driving and moving from MN to Syr to PA. Yeah, it was that fun. Here's a crappy sunset shot from somewhere in western NY.



There really isn't much to say about PA so far other than I'm loving Rodale (Men's Health's parent company). I get great editorial work for an intern and the perks are great. For instance, yesterday I had an extended lunch break to play full-court basketball with editors. Can't beat that.

I'll also mention I had a great time at my grad party. The beer list had about 10 options with something for everyone. We had yard game fun and then built a fire. And who doesn't like fire? Below is Ben and Jacob. As far as I can tell, Jacob's doing a Bob Dylan impression.



As for beer, I'll just say there's been a lot of good stuff. I had several beers from BeerAdvocate's Top 100 and while they were good I didn't think any deserved such high stature. The main culprit of overrating was the the Trappist-monk brew Rochefort 10. It was smooth and tasty, but I couldn't get much flavor out of it. Meh.

The best beer of late is the local hefeweizen from Bethlehem Brew Works. If you're curious, here's the link for everything else I've reviewed lately.

1 comment:

Jacob said...

As you look closer, you see that I don't so much "toss" the balls, but shoot them from my hand in a style comparable to Gambit of the X-Men.

Also, your grad party was great fun. Thanks for the good times and good beer. And yes...the beergaritas. I think it'll be awhile until I think about having those again.