Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Beer, Bikes, Etc: Things I like this week

1) Christian VandeVelde


Taking on the world's best in the Tour de France.

2) Mighty Muffins


The perfect 10:30AM snack.

3) Squatter's Full Suspension Pale Ale


B+ / 3.9
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | drink: 4

On-tap at the Porcupine outside SLC. Served in a pint glass.

Aside from a hazy appearance, there's nothing really off on this beer. In fact, my hat is off to Squatters on this one. They're pushing the limits of what Utah beer can be and it reminds me of a less subtle Surly Bitter Brewer. Juicy citrus hops dominate this beer with fresh, dry-hop subtley that reminds me of sniffing hops pellets at my homebrew shop. Yum. There's a slight malt background for balance and a moderately strong bitterness. Worth trying just to see what there's guys can do with only 4.0% abv.

No comments: