Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I'm in Duluth, eh.


Really, Canada's just up the road. Some folks here even have the accent. But anyways, that's my sister next to Lake Superior. Yesterday we also went into Duluth and I got to hit up the bike trails at Hartley Park. It was my first good single track ride of the year and while I still suck at going down hills, my overall balance is greatly improved. I only feel off my bike a few times, it was great.

We also stopped by the local good beer store afterwards, Warehouse Liquor. The place is run by a couple of the nicest liquor store guys I've met (most act like they suck at life). I got a mixed 6'er and a couple bottles of new Norwegian microbrew import, Nogne O. It's the sort of brew that give beer geeks wood and while it doesn't show up much at BeerAdvocate (lack of reviews), RateBeer.com loves the stuff. I'll get to it soon enough. Here's a couple good ones from last night.

Scrimshaw Pilsner - Light, clean and hoppy, like a pale ale for hot days.

Sand Creek Wild Ride IPA - A fantastic IPA from Wisconsin. Big citrus hops flavor without overwhelming bitterness to make for a great drinking IPA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't touched single track yet this year. I'm a little afraid of what will happen when I finally do. I should take a look at my legs right now while they're free of any major bruises, because that's sure to change as soon as I hit the trails again...