Friday, April 6, 2007

Good Friday


That's right, so far it's been a good Friday for me. I woke up around 10, went for a nice long run through the local quarries and state park with Ben and Meghan, found out I'll get decent money for my articles at Esquire.com (and that my interview with the Perry Bible Fellowship cartoon creator Nick Gurewitch will run soon), and soon I'll be bottling my nut brown ale. There's more beer and Wii on-tap for later. I can see why it's called Good Friday.

Here's a few new brews:

Wachusett Nut Brown Ale: A classic brown ale. Hopefully mine will taste this good.

Lagunitas IPA: It's hoppy enough, but I'm just not into the hops profile, too grassy.

Xingu Black Beer: It's not a German schwarzbier (black beer), its just a Euro dark lager from Brazil. Pass.

LongShot Dortmunder: From the Sam Adams homebrew contest. A good step up form American "premium lagers."

Also, here's my weekly beer article in The Daily Orange. Ever wanted a beer that tastes like cough syrup? Read on to find out!

No comments: