Wednesday, April 4, 2007

New month, new beer


March was a big month for me, I set record for new beers tried. I will quickly point out, I was still nowhere close my record alcohol consumption, and that's a-ok with me. But I had 36 new beers in 31 days. That put me at about 410 beers reviewed.
I also went out for my first real road ride of the year. Naturally, I figured the best way to get into the swing of things was for a painful 1:45 ride to Lafayette and back. The ride started with a dull pain in the teardrop quad muscle next to the knee, and moved out to the rest of my legs. what can I say, I had a good ride. I averaged about 16.5 mph on the hilly ride and hit a top speed of 40 mph. Hills are fun.

Here's a couple new beers I've had that were both pretty awesome:

Michigan Brewing Co. Peninsula Porter
: A great example of the style with a dry bitter (in a good way) coffee and cocoa flavor.

Sled Dog Trippel Bock
: It's really a doppelbock, just a relatively rich one. Sweet brown sugar and fruit flavor with some balancing bitterness.

No comments: