Sunday, April 29, 2007

Clarendon St. Brewery Tasting

In an effort to put my large stores of beer to good use, I had a few friends over Friday evening for a beer tasting. We had about ten people, which is good for my cozy apartment that only has like six chairs. Here was the line-up:

Clarendon Beer:
German Wheat (Weizen)
Brown Ale
Cherry Stout
Oatmeal Stout
India Pale Ale

Middle Ages Beer:
Ye Old Kilt Tilter Scotch Ale
Druid Fluid Barleywine
Dragonslayer Imperial Stout

I still fortunately or unfortunately I have like 8 cases of beer and about two weeks left in Syracuse. Anyone planning a last minute trip through the area is guaranteed a good time.

The night, like several others before, devolved into mini-bike riding around the apartment. My roommate Lindsey kicked everyone's ass, as per usual. But then again, she's going to be a pro mountain biker. Here she is doing a track stand in what you could call our dining room.


Here's Jason and Chrissy hanging out on a couple of the other 12 inchers.


Nate falling off the Barbie bike (not trying to spoon it).


Anyways, while trying to dwindle down my stock I still had a few new beers while out in Syracuse.

Arbor Brewing Jackhammer Old Ale: A random old ale from Ann Arbor. Not bad, a bit hoppy.

Lucifer: An overpriced and underwhelming golden Belgian. Still tasty, like most Belgians, but there was a hint of stinky cheese.

Smuttynose Winter Ale: A mellow dark Belgian, no richer than Lucifer, but much cheaper and that counts for something.

No comments: