Sunday, April 15, 2007

I liek beer...


Another relaxing weekend complete with sleeping until noon, Wii and new beer. I have to say its a nice change of pace from constantly being busy from freelancing and getting a job/internship. Esquire.com work shouldn't pick up for a while, and Jerk Magazine is basically done for the semester, but I do have to get going on my eight pages for Draft. I foresee lots of emails going out Monday afternoon.

Along with new beer, I tried another single-malt Scotch down at Al's Whiskey and Wine. It was Laphroaig 10 year from the islay region. Islay is known for a peat, smokey flavor. I agreed with the smokey flavor, but it tasted a bit like rubber. Fun huh?

Here's the new beer:

S'muttonator: An awesome American take on the German doppelbock style.

Armoury Ale: Middle Ages' IPA on cask at Clark's Ale House, Cask ale is different but tasty in a delicate way.

Terrapin Rye Squared
: A strong rye beer with a balanced, but bold mix of malt and hops.

Titan IPA (pictured in my new Sam Adams glass from Christine): Tasty with good citrus hops and bitterness, but doesn't live up to the hype.

Long Trail IPA (Unfiltered): The most orange-like beer I've had that didn't actually use orange.


Harbin Lager
: A pale lager from China, I'd put it at the top of the class for international lagers (Grolsch, Heineken, etc).

Out of Bounds Stout: A decent stout from Colorado.

Black Dog Ale
: A highly drinkable amber ale with hops.

No comments: