Thursday, April 12, 2007

Life, Death, and Beer


This Thursday started with the sad, sad news of Kurt Vonnegut's passing. Lord knows it was coming, the man was 84 and not one to watch his health, but still. In less depressing news, my article on the Perry Bible Fellowship is up on Esquire.com.

I've also had a couple interesting beers:

Samuel Smith Nut Brown: This is supposed to be THE brown ale, I found it underwhelming.
Wizard's Winter Ale: A pretty mellow tasting strong ale, but it'll warm you up all right.

On a side note, I've been listening to the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds all today. This album is freakin' nuts, find it and give it like five listens.

"Still and all, why bother? Here's my answer. Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone." -KV

1 comment:

Allison said...

1. When I heard KV died, I thought of you. Thanks for introducing me to his books.

2. Pet Sounds is a great album.