Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I met Gloria Steinem - Hot Damn


Gloria Steinem came to campus today thanks to the campus groups Women in Communications and ED2010. I'm a member of ED2010, a magazine networking group, and got to attend a reception complete with cheese cubes and cookies, and Gloria. She was really cool and we talked briefly about the role of men and ending sexual violence. She also asked me a question about perceived masculinity and the Iraq war that I didn't understand but nodded to anyways.

Feminism aside, there's been a bunch of new beer in my life lately. Last night I drank a leftover from the Sam Adams Winter Pack, Old Fezziwig. Here's my review:

Overall=3.5
This is a nice gentle beer. No big flavors, but still a pleasant and smooth taste. It pours a dark red with tan head. The head goes away, but there's still decent lacing. The aroma is sweet and candy-like with a bit of cocoa. The cocoa carries over into the flavor with mellow caramel malt. Very easy to drink, I always look forward to this one in the Sam Winter Sampler. Salud.

I also recently entered the rest of my Mexican beer reviews into beeradvocate.com. Out of the seven, I liked Bohemia the best and Estrella the worst. The take home lesson here was really that tequila is the way to go in Mexico.

No comments: