Thursday, March 8, 2007

Posting and Purpose

The basic premise of this blog's inception is as a project for a class, IST 195. I plan on using this to post about what I'm doing in relation to beer, bikes, and writing, the three main pillars of my life. I hope you enjoy.

I'll start with an introduction. I'm Matt Allyn, a senior in magazine journalism at Syracuse University. I'm currently spending my last months of college doing everything I can to find a job so I don't end up in a van down by the river.

Some basics about me are that I write for Esquire.com, Draft Magazine, The Daily Orange, and Jerk Magazine (where I'm also the opinions editor). I've been into endurance sports for about nine years, starting with running, the nordic skiing, and now biking. As we're finally transitioning to spring I'll be on my bikes, a new Trek 8500 and vintage Raleigh Team, more and more. And all the while, I should be drinking and reviewing copious amounts of beer.

The latest beer I drank and reviewed was Aventinus Weizenbock. You can read my article in the Daily Orange here, or get the quick one on BeerAdvocate here.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Retiree Drug Subsidy Medco
[url=http://www.fiestaspatriassantaana.com/]finasteride 5mg[/url]
Propecia is often used in the treatment of male hair loss and in particular on the anterior mid-scalp area and vertex.
http://www.fiestaspatriassantaana.com/ - cheap finasteride