Thursday, March 15, 2007

More Cancun


Today's been spent on the beach, burning, drinking, reading, and swimming. We're about to head into town for Yucetan food, whatever that is. And i'm still sticky from the salt water. All in all, not a bad deal.

Last night was something to talk about though. Me and Christine finally went to a club. We figured that if we were going to one, we'd at least go to the most stereotypical and ended up at Senior Frog's.

Let me just say that I had heard about the awkwardness of middle aged folks hitting clubs with the Spring Break crowds before, but I was still amazed by it. I looked to my left and there was a girl hanging upside down, attempted to hold up her skirt and take a shot, while to my left an grey-haired couple got their groove on atop the bar. Throw in a cougar sucking face, I stress the suckin, with a young guy and so drunk she almost puts the wrong end of a cigarette in her mouth, a girl that should be naked getting naked, and creepy 30-some guys just standing in the middle of dance floor, it made for the best people watching I've had in years. Totally worth the cover.

I should also mention my favorite booze-related part at Senior Frog's, a self-service gas pump that dispensed beer. Yeah it only has Dos Equis Premium, but the thought was there.

No comments: